When creating a Web application, you usually have to start with the two key elements:
- Authentication - User log in, user account management.
- Authorization - User roles and permissions.
Code-Along and build a Web App MVP covering all aspects of Log-In, User Management, and Role-Management functionality.
Core topics covered:
- Basic authorization via email (Devise)
- Social log in via Google
- Social log in via Facebook
- Social log in via Twitter
- Social log in via Github
- Devise confirmable
- Devise trackable
- Devise lockable
- Devise invitable - Inviting users to join the app via email
- Banning users
- Deleting users
- Editing user profile
- Managing user roles (admin, teacher, student) without any gems
- Role-based access to different features (example: only admin can ban a user) without any gems
- Blocking bot registrations
- Sending transactional emails in production (Amazon SES)
By the end of the course you will have created a boilerplate, based on which you can build any business application of your dream.
This course can be interesting for Ruby on Rails developers of all levels: for beginners and for veterans.
As a beginner, you will get the whole experience of thinking and building the core lifesystem of any modern Web Application.
As a veteran, you will get acquainted with some exquisite approaches for problem-solving, and features that you could have not encountered in the past.
We are not going to cover the fundamentals of what Ruby and Rails are: there are other, more basic courses for that.
Instead, we will dive straight into coding along and building our application step-by-step, feature-by-feature.
As well all enrolled students will have access to the source code, support materials and discussion groups.
Looking forward to seeing you inside!