- Modern browser and internet connection
- No coding experience is required! We will start from very basics and take you to the advanced level
- Basic knowledge of HTML, CSS and Bootstrap will be a plus, but it is not mandatory
In this course you will learn to build your own e-learning platform (like an Udemy, Skillshare clone) while learning 25+ gems and multiple Rails features!
In this course you will:
gain the broad knowledge and skill needed to create basically any web application you can think of.
- get acquainted with all the modern technologies needed to find a Ruby on Rails Developer job.
- create your own online learning platform that you will be able to monetize as you wish.
- be granted access to the source code of the application that we will be building.
I'm proud to say that this is the most feature-rich Ruby-on-Rails-6 course on the internet
Through the years of being a software developer I've learnt a lot by trial, error, and research.
You don't have to spend all the time I did.
In this course I've summed up the best practices of using different gems and features.
You will be able to learn it all by practice!
As well we will learn to troubleshoot different issues in development and production.
We are going to build an online learning platform, step-by-step, feature-by-feature!
As a beginner you will learn the whole process of developing an application with multiple features.
As a more experienced developer, you will master features that you didn't have a big experience with.
As well, you will have access to the source code of the demo application.
This way, you will be able to launch your own e-learning platform at any time!
Here are a few topics that we will cover in the course:
Learn 25+ most popular Ruby on Rails gems:
- gem bootstrap and gem jquery-rails
- gem font-awesome-saas - library of pretty icons
- gem simple_form - better way to create forms
- gem faker - create fake data
- gem friendly_id - create pretty URLs
- gem ransack - search and filter data
- gem public_activity - track all actions in the application
- gem pagy - the best gem for pagination
- gem devise - authentication (users can log in)
- gem rolify - assign users different roles
- gem pundit - authorization (users can perform different actions)
- gem chartkick - beautiful charts
- gem groupdate - group data by periods
- gem exception_notifications - error messages in production
- gem rails-erd - generate an Entity Relationship Diagram
- gem ranked-model - order items in a list
- gem aws-sdk-s3 - store files on AWS S3
- gem active_storage_validations - validate attachments
- gem image_processing - display and manage images
- gem recaptcha - no bots will sign up
- gem wicked_pdf - design PDF Certificates of Completion for students
- gem wicked - wizard for step-by-step forms
- gem omniauth-google-oauth2 - sign in with google
- gem omniauth-facebook - sign in with facebook
- gem omniauth-github - sign in with github
- gem cocoon - nested forms
Learn Ruby on Rails features:
- work with yarn and webpacker
- secret credentials
- application_helper, "case" and "when" methods
- adding custom buttons
- conditional validation
- increment method
- dependent restrict_with_error
- advanced nested resources
- buttons for custom actions
Learn supporting technologies:
- AWS C9 - cloud IDE
- AWS S3 - store files in production
- PostgreSQL database
- Google Analytics
- Google reCaptcha
- Google oAuth API
- Google & Bing Webmaster
- Facebook oAuth API
- Github oAuth API
- Yarn & Webpacker in Rails 6
- Jquery-ui sortable
If you value your time and DON'T want to spend hours learning how a gem works, consider getting this course.
By the end of the course you will feel capable of building any Web application Ruby on Rails web application.
You may learn the skills needed to find a job, or build the application of your dreams.
As well, you will build you own, complete application for creating and selling courses that you will be able to monetize.
Also, if you want to learn more great ruby on rails features, consider subscribing to this course.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to bring their web app ideas to life
- Anyone who wants to be a web app developer: This course will introduce you to many in-depth mechanics of Ruby on Rails 6
- Anyone who is already acquainted with Ruby on Rails and wants to le
- arn new features
- Anyone who want to create his own e-learning platform